Jayne Nisbet

Jayne Nisbet

Sunday 13 April 2014

101 days to go

So tomorrow marks 100 days to go till the Commonwealth Games and its been a while since I updated some ideas etc. I actually for a while decided to go back to trying to add in dairy and eggs but it genuinely doesn't agree with me. I really found it difficult to be completely dairy and egg free, aswell as yeast. So 4 weeks ago I sought the help of nutritionist Bo Tyler (www.bonutritioncoaching.com) and she advised I went back onto dairy and egg free and has given me the most amazing plan! Eating has become simple again (apart from all food prep and snack buying) I genuinely have found pleasure in eating again as I don't feel unwell after anymore so Happy Days!!

We are just going into our last proper "preparation week" in terms of volume and then for 4 weeks after that we are leading into my first competition outdoors of 2014 and also have a sneaky week of warm weather training to help in between. 

I thought I would share an amazing dairy free egg free recipe for you to try for a happy Sunday:

Raspberry & Almond Butter Cupcakes
Makes 6 Cupcakes

100g ground almonds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon almond butter
2 tablespoons water
100ml almond milk
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
4 heaped tablespoons Egg Replacer (www.organ.co.uk)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 cup of raspberries

Instructions: 
Heat oven to 180 Degrees Celcius

Melt coconut oil and almond butter in microwave proof dish

Then add in ground almonds, egg replacer, poppy seeds and coconut.
Mix in water & almond milk and blend until smooth paste and slightly runny.
Blend in raspberries.

Place into cake cups.

Cook for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment